Saturday 31 May 2008

The Slowplay

A lot of people have given me stick for this hand in the chat box at the tables... as promised here are my thoughts on this hand.

Game #7217753844: Hold'em NL (£0.10/£0.20) - 2008/05/25 - 19:18:30 (UK)
Table "Vimuvimuyov" Seat 5 is the button.
Seat 1: Dar210235 (£12.78 in chips)
Seat 2: Platonic_ (£11.85 in chips)
Seat 3: Mattbdd (£18.40 in chips)
Seat 4: 15ti1000 (£55.82 in chips)
Seat 5: Tamasaa (£18.69 in chips)
Seat 6: Nic140821 (£5 in chips)
Dar210235: posts small blind £0.10
Platonic_: posts big blind £0.20
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Platonic [7s 7h]
Mattbdd: raises to £0.80
15ti1000: folds
Tamasaa: calls £0.80
Dar210235: folds
Platonic_: calls £0.60
----- FLOP ----- [9d 8d 7c]
Platonic_: checks
Mattbdd: checks
Tamasaa: checks
----- TURN ----- [9d 8d 7c][7d]
Platonic_: checks
Mattbdd: checks
Tamasaa: checks
----- RIVER ----- [9d 8d 7c 7d][6s]
Platonic_: checks
Mattbdd: checks
Tamasaa: checks
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Platonic_: shows [7s 7h] (Four of a kind, Sevens, Nine high)
Mattbdd: mucks hand [Js Kh]
Tamasaa: mucks hand [Jc Ad]
Platonic_ collected £2.38 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot £2.50 Main pot £2.38 Rake £0.12
Board [9d 8d 7c 7d 6s]
Seat 1: Dar210235 (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Platonic_ (big blind) showed [7s 7h] and won (£2.38) with Four of a kind, Sevens, Nine high
Seat 3: Mattbdd mucked [Js Kh]
Seat 4: 15ti1000 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Tamasaa (button) mucked [Jc Ad]

1. I flat call from the BB preflop to disguise my pocket pair.

2. I check the flop because these fish will chase their draws anyway.

3. Turn brings me quads, so if I bet they will obv fold. Also I'm a bit scared of the straight flush draw so that's another reason not to bet.

4. River comes and I think I still have the best hand.... I FEEL AT THIS POINT THERE IS NO POINT IN BETTING BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT CALL ME WITH ANYTHING WORSE AND I THINK THE ONLY WAY TO GET VALUE IS TO TRY TO GET THEM TO BLUFF.

OK HOPE THAT EXPLAINS IT.

If anyone has any comments or STILL wants to argue about the hand then I will he happy to discuss it in the chat box.

Also shout out to Houchen who has been crushing the last few days making hero call downs versus those morons. This guys reading ability is up there with Daniel Negradeu.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Plato that hand was shocking to be honest, you have not excuses why can't you just admit you played it wrong?

Respect to your game but I think your pretty shite

Anonymous said...

I dont even think Plato is being serious here,although as you say he's "pretty shite",so maybe.If he is then thats unbelievable thinkin from any semi-competent player

Anonymous said...

I would have shoved a massive all in and not get paid as usual,
Msoza

Anonymous said...

houchen is the most hated player on hills? he is a fkn retard! i think he is 1outders boyfriend.

get a life you sad fuckers.

wtf wtf wtf

salty xx

Anonymous said...

lol who is posting as tamasaa then :S

Anonymous said...

we know it was you tamassa dont try and wriggle out of it. typical dundeeite.

it wasnt me mister bla bla bla can i get my ball back platonic?

houchen 1

Anonymous said...

haha fuck off i would never say i respect platonics game

Anonymous said...

you just did twice you dozy cow!

Jennifer said...

we know it was you tamassa dont try and wriggle out of it. typical dundeeite. it wasnt me mister bla bla bla can i get my ball back platonic? houchen 1